Saturday, May 14, 2011

Burgers 2 ways....

I love interesting burgers... burgers with lots of add ins and yummy things that make them more than your normal burger... I have added everything from blue cheese to portabello mushrooms to my burgers... the sky's the limit... try adding what your family likes....
Here are 2 of my favorite burgers... Enjoy...


Ranch Bacon burgers

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef... I use 85/15 fat content
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
1 small onion, finely diced
2 T. liquid ( I used red wine, can use stock)
1 T. worhcester sauce
3 T. Dry ranch dressing
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
2T. dry bread crumbs
Sliced cheese ( I used American)
Buns & toppings of your choice



In large bowl mix, meat, bacon bits, onion, liquid of your choice, bread crumbs, garlic, dry ranch dressing, & seasonings.  Mix well shaping meat into patties ( I usually get 5 patties).  Cook on grill or in frying pan until done to your desired choice.  When done place slice of cheese on top and melt for an additional few minutes.  Serve with buns and toppings of your choice. Enjoy

Stuffed Burgers

2 lbs. ground beef ( I use 85/15)
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I used co-jack & blue cheese 1/4 cup each)
salt & pepper to taste
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup prepared Ranch Dressing
Buns and toppings of your choice

Make 4 very thin patties of beef using about 1/2 of the meat, make a small well in the center of the burger about 1 inch across.  In well of each burger, place a small amount of the green onion, bacon bits, and cheese, drizzle ranch across the mixture in the center not to much though, because it will ooze out of the burger). Continue until all are filled.   Make 4 thin patties with the remaining meat, placing a patty on each burger and sealing the edges well with a fork.  The center mixture should be completely covered with no holes, if a hole happens just pinch the mixture together carefully.  Place on a oiled grill or in a frying pan, (or can bake these in the oven, I have done this method and it is the easiest).  Cook turning occasionally until burger is done to desired likeness.  Serve with buns and toppings of your choice.. Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hamburgers are my comfort food. They are on the menu today as a matter of fact. I may have to try out one of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete