Saturday, July 13, 2013

Strawberry jello pie

I love summer.. (well minus the really hot heat )... and I love summertime fresh fruits & vegetables.  One of them being strawberries :)  I make strawberry freezer jam (already made a triple batch :) , lots of fruit salad, and every year make this strawberry jello pie... It is fast & easy ..which is a winner in my book... 
I used sugar free strawberry jello, but you can use regular too. I serve this with thawed whipped topping, but you can use whipped cream too.  I love it equally as well, but since my little guys & big guys love spoonfuls of whipped cream outta the can, it sure doesn't last long ever at our house..LOL .  Also, store this in the fridge and it is best eaten within one day of making it.  Make it soon, it is super good, so much so that my 3 year old has been asking me about strawberry pie, ever since I told him I was making it... so funny.... Enjoy



Strawberry jello pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 3 oz (small package) strawberry jello
3 T sugar
2 T cornstarch
1 t. lemon juice
2 lbs strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced (they usually come in 1 pound containers, so you'll need 2)
1 1/2 cups cold water

whipped cream or whipped topping thawed


In large pan add cold water & cornstarch over medium heat.  Whisk together.  Bring to a boil and cook a couple of minutes whisking constantly until thickened.  Add sugar, & jello whisking till sugar is dissolved.   Stir in lemon juice.  Add strawberries careful, mixture will be hot.  Stir gently till all is combined and all the berries are covered in the strawberry jello mixture.  Pour carefully into the pie shell. Cover the pie loosely and place in fridge for 2-3 hours our until set.  Cut into pieces & serve with whipped cream. Place any leftovers in the fridge and use within a day.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment