Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pecan Pie

I love the holidays... and really love Thanksgiving.... I love all the traditional holiday favorites, turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy...I could go on and on... I also love pies...pumpkin & pecan...which is my husbands favorite.  For some reason people seem to think that it is really difficult making a pecan pie, which is so not the case.  It is one of the easiest pies to make.  Just mix and pour, literally it takes longer to heat up the oven, than to get this pie ready to go in.  I have tried several and keep coming back to this recipe off of the Karo syrup bottle.  I made a few adjustments, (added more pecans, and a pinch of salt to the recipe) but the rest is the same as always.  Love , love, love this easy recipe.  Make this for your family today. Enjoy

*Recipe adapted from the Karo syrup recipe


1 cup light Karo corn syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 T. melted butter
1 t vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans
pinch of kosher salt
Frozen deep dish uncooked pie shell (or you can use homemade one)

Preheat oven to 350.  In large bowl place corn syrup, eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla & pinch of salt.  Mix well using a spoon.  Add pecans mixing well.  Dump mixture into pie shell.  Place on baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes.  Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOO - MY FAVORITE PIE! I'm sure this is YUUMMMMEEE! May you and yours enjoyed a blessed Thanks-LIVING weekend!! I'm sure you'll have plenty of wonderful dishes to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete