Monday, November 7, 2016

Easy Beef Stroganoff

I love easy meals.. now that I work so much and have so much going on, I appreciate even more getting dinner on the table faster.  After being gone 9-11 hours a day, I am one tired momma... but I still love a home cooked meal.  Sometimes I have all day to cook, sometimes a short amount of time.  This is how this meal came about.  I love beef stroganoff, but the original version with stew meat, take hours to simmer till it's tender.  When I work all day I have about 1/2 hour after I walk in, and that's about it.  My kids lunch times are early and they are starving, even with a snack.  So I try and make it 30 minutes till dinner on the days I work.  Sometimes I prep on the weekends, and cook multiple things, sometimes I just don't.
I use ground beef, or sometimes turkey or chicken in this dish.  I also had a little Italian sweet sausage that I threw in, and boy did it jazz this dish up.. good choice :)  as always use what you have.  I used fresh mushrooms, but you can use canned, or dried onions, or garlic work too.  I also serve this over mashed potatoes, but baked potatoes, cooked noodles,rice or toast and or biscuits work too.   Enjoy




Easy Beef Stroganoff


1 lb ground beef
1/3 lb sweet Italian sausage
1 small package sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 small onion diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup half n half
3/4 cup sour cream


Baked potatoes, noodles, rice or whatever you are choosing to serve this over.
Seasonings of your choice (I used a splash of Worchester sauce, dried celery flakes, parsley flakes,garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper.


In a large skillet add beef, Italian sausage,mushrooms, and onion.  Add seasonings and cook breaking up till meat is done. Drain grease.  Return mixture to pan, and half n half, and mushroom soup, stirring till heated thru.  Turn off heat, add sour cream and mix until combined.  Serve over potatoes (or whatever you choose).  Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment