Monday, August 22, 2011

Pasta with White Clam sauce

I love pasta with Clam sauce...usually I use linguini, or thick spaghetti...something to hold this delicious sauce...  I also sometimes add 1/2 cup prepared marinara to the finished White Clam sauce and make it "red" clam sauce... just a variation and just as delicious...

I also am breaking the "cardinal" rule of cheese with shellfish... I love the two together so I say DO IT!!! :)  you do what you love... use it if you like it...skip it if you don't ....  enjoy

Pasta with White Clam Sauce


1/2 lb cooked pasta of your choice ( I use linguini or thick spaghetti, fettucini..use what you have)
2 cans minced clams
2 T. white wine
1 T. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
seasonings of your choice ( I use dried parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, pinch of salt, italian seasoning mix)
Grated parmesan cheese


Cook pasta (I usually add a chicken bouillon cube to the water when cooking pasta to flavor it) until al dente, and drain.  While pasta is cooking add olive oil to saute pan.  Add the garlic cooking for about a minute until it becomes fragrant and starts to turn golden brown.  Add wine, lemon juice & seasonings.  Bring up to a rapid simmer and turn down heat to medium low and let sauce reduce by about 1/3 until it starts to thicken.  Add butter and stir until melted.  Serve over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.  Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle,

    that sounds good, I would love to see pictures of your dishes, have you ever thought of posting a pic or two with your recipe?

    Also I left an award for you on my blog come by and check it out :)

    http://mistyshoreschesapeakes.wordpress.com/

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linguini with clam sauce was one of my dad's favorite meals. I may have to make this in honor of him. I have all the ingredients on hand (except for the clams, of course).

    ReplyDelete