Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crispy Smashed Potatoes

I made these for the first time ever this week for my anniversary dinner... Can I say these are the best tasting and yummiest potatoes ever !!!!  I got this basic recipe from a friend of the family Debbie who is by far the best cook I know... She is the bomb :) Love ya Deb.... she does her's a little different from what I am sharing, I had to put my own spin on it.. (like usual)  my husband had seconds... (think they were a hit:)  I used baby Yukon gold potatoes, but can use small red skinned, or fingerling potatoes... Use what you have... Also use what seasonings you like...Since these were small I served 2 per portion.... Enjoy


Crispy Smashed Potatoes

Baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed under running water ( I used about 12 potatoes)
Water for boiling the potatoes
1/3 cup melted butter
*seasonings of your choice ( I sprinkled each potato with garlic & onion powder, kosher salt & cracked pepper)


In large pan place potatoes, and completely cover with water.  Boil until fork inserted in potatoes comes out easily and potatoes are completely cooked.  Drain.
Preheat oven to 375.
In baking sheet (with a edge on it) place a sheet of foil.  Spray with nonstick spray.  Place potatoes on foil.  With the bottom of a pan (I just used the one that I cooked the potatoes in be careful cause it may be still hot) smash potatoes into a flattened even layer, continuing until all the potatoes are done.  Drizzle the potatoes with the melted butter and top with seasonings.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.  Serve immediately.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I just cooked some Paula Deen red skins (the ones in the microwave pouch) and have some left over.....Yup, I'm going to do this for tomorrows dinner.

    ReplyDelete