Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Easy Peach Cobbler

I made Peanut Butter and Jelly bars today and used 1/2 a white cake mix for those....I had the other half of the cake mix left and thought hmmmm what am I going to do with this?    I looked around my cupboards and saw some canned peaches and it hit me... peach cobbler... I love peach cobbler...and lots of other cobblers,  apple, cherry, blueberry etc.... You can substitute a can of cherry pie or apple pie filling for the peaches, or even peach pie filling... anything goes... Even though I ended up only using about 1 cups worth of cake mix (I still have enough for another cobbler yeah :) or you can use a small Jiffy cake mix instead of the cake mix...(you can use either white or yellow cake mix, I happened to have a white one. use what you have on hand and you like :)  You can for added yumminess serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream or even a drizzle of half & half or heavy cream over the top... Enjoy

Easy Peach Cobbler

1 cup cake mix (or a small Jiffy brand cake mix)
1 can peaches in 100% juice
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 stick butter melted
1/2 cup sliced almonds


Preheat oven to 350.  In 8" square pan spray with nonstick spray.  Pour in can of peaches making an even layer (Do not drain peaches).  In bowl add cake mix, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and almonds mixing well.  Drizzle over melted butter.  With a fork mix well until mixture is crumbly,  I used my hands towards the end making a crumbly mixture.  Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.  Bake for around 20-25 minutes until peach mixture is bubbly and top is light golden brown.  Remove from oven and serve.  Refrigerate any leftovers.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Peach cobbler is my all time fav!! But I'm the only peach eater in the house.....*sad face*
    But I bet I could cut this recipe in half and make a peach cobbler just for 'lil ole me.....

    ReplyDelete