Sunday, July 29, 2012

7 layer Mexican dip

I love, love, love this dip!!  It is so incredibly yummy & easy to put together.... I always come home with an empty dish every time I make this for a get together.... You can always add other vegetables or leave out the black olives or put green ones on there too, or substitute red onion for the green onion, lots and lots of variations... I use fat free refried beans, and low fat sour cream but use what you have and like. Also you can use different kinds of cheeses as well, mexican or cheddar work fine too. I serve this with tortilla chips.... this dip needs to chill covered in the fridge for a couple of hours.   Just a FYI:  this is best eaten the day it's made... this dip doesn't sit well for days in the fridge.   Enjoy

7 layer Mexican Dip
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, washed and thinly sliced including tops
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
1 small can sliced black olives,drained
1 cup finely shredded lettuce
1 can refried beans

Tortilla chips for serving


In serving dish spread out in an even thin layer the refried beans.  In bowl whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning mix.  Spread evenly over the beans.  Then sprinkle over the sour cream mixture in the following order: lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, cheese & the olives.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.  Let chill for a couple of hours then serve with tortilla chips.  Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love dips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - one of my favorites for sure. I've made this for birthday parties and family gatherings many times. You make yours just like I make mine too. MMM! Thanks for the reminder - hope you're doing well and have a wonderful week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that requires a chip to go swimming is awesome in my view. I have had this many times at potlucks and parties. YUMMMMM-O!!

    ReplyDelete