Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dorito Taco Bake

I got this recipe years ago from someone I worked with... she brought this to a potluck and it was wonderful... I saw a similiar recipe on Pinterest and it brought back the memory of that so I went to my recipe box and sure enough there it was (on the scrap paper from the business where we worked nonetheless :)  so I had to make it.... but I put my own spin on it like usual... (I can't seem to leave well enough alone..LOL ;) but it got a round of thumbs up from the family... My husband was "mad" about me never making this for him... (just kidding he wasn't mad... and I told him I only ever made this 1 time and it was about 15 years ago and I forgot I had the recipe...)  thinking maybe I should drag out the "old recipe box" and see what other treasures are in there that I have forgotten about.... I used regular cheese Doritos but was thinking what it would taste like with other flavors of chips...ranch, taco flavored or spicy cheese...lots of options but haven't tried them...maybe next time.... My husband likes this with hot sauce & sprinkled with red pepper flakes to kick up the heat... optional as well.... Enjoy


Dorito Taco Bake


1 can seamless Cresent rolls (if you can't find seamless buy the regular ones and just pat them together in the pan)
1 lb. ground chuck
1/2 onion, minced fine
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded taco cheese
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 cup sour cream (additional for serving)
1/4 cup water
3/4 of large bag of cheese Doritos, crunched up small (additional for serving)
 non stick spray
seasonings ( 1/4 tsp each cumin, chili powder & paprika)


In large skillet add ground chuck & onion.  Cook & break until meat is browned, add garlic during last few minutes of browning.  Drain grease if necessary.  Add taco seasoning packet, additional seasonings & water stirring well and bringing to a simmer over medium heat. Turn meat mixture off.  Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 13X9 pan with nonstick spray.  Place cresent rolls in bottom of pan pressing up the sides about a 1/4 inch (remember if using ones with cuts press them together).  Spoon meat mixture in an even layer over uncooked cresent rolls.  By teaspoonfuls over meat mixture drop over sour cream.  With back of spoon spread sour cream in an even layer over meat mixture (if necessary add a few more spoonfuls until completely covered).  Sprinkle cheese evenly over sour cream layer. Crush Doritos and sprinkle in an even layer over cheese.  Bake for 15-18 minutes until cresent rolls are done and casserole is warm.  Remove from oven and cut into squares.  Serve with sour cream on the side and a few extra crushed Doritos on the top  if desired (optional).  Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I am going to pass this on to my daughter. She knows someone that loves Doritos. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you...I made this many yes ago and dont know where the recipe is....but I <3 mexican food and love this awesome dish. MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete