Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Salmon patties

I love salmon patties... but whenever I order them out ..not so much do I love them... they usually don't have much flavor and I am all about flavor...give me some spices, and good things start to happen wink...

I have never made salmon patties like this before, but I thought what the heck..see I had some leftover sausage stuffing (or some people call it dressing).  I doctored up a box of stuffing with extra onion, celery and browned sausage (I used Bob Evans regular in the white package).  and I never want stuffing to go to waste.  It is one my favorite things ever.  I like it from scratch, out of a box, etc doesn't matter I love it...
Anyways, I needed a binder to make the salmon patties have flavor and stick together, and  while I was looking in the fridge it hit me, why not try the leftover sausage stuffing.  I thought what the heck, if it doesn't turn out it's all good, I will know for next time.. I love experiments in the kitchen, you come up with all kinds of good stuff (when they turn out that is..lol )

I added finely minced green pepper & onion (optional), thinking next time a little finely minced jalapeno would be good too. Also, I drained a can of salmon and removed any skin, grey meat and or bones that were in there and just flaked it with my hands. Also, I used Ritz crackers but any type of cracker crumbs or bread crumbs will work out just fine.  Good with a squeeze of lemon over when done.

Make these today...enjoy

Salmon patties

1 can salmon, drained and any skin, grey meat or bones removed, flaked
2 T. each finely diced green pepper & onion
3 T. mayo
1/2 t mustard
1 1/2 cups prepared leftover stuffing mix (cold from the fridge)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 to a 1/2 sleeve crushed cracker crumbs
olive oil & butter for sauting
Sseasonings of your choice ( I used 1/2 tsp each onion & garlic powder, and a little seasoned salt & cracked pepper)

In a large bowl add all of the ingredients (except olive oil & butter).  Mix well with a fork and shape into patties.  Heat olive oil and a little butter in a skillet, and when hot add patties pressing down when putting in the pan.  Heat till golden brown on one side, and carefully flip over when done, pressing second side down to a flat layer.  Cook until golden brown.  Remove to a paper towel lined plate.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment