Monday, October 1, 2018

Baked apples

Baked Apples who doesn't love them.. especially ones with strusel topping all yummy & delicious.  I do that's for sure.  Then when they are hot out of the oven I serve them with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, totally optional but makes it extra good.. Whipped cream would be good too..  However you serve them make them soon.. I love making these in the fall when apples are extra yummy & crisp.  I use Gala apples but use your favorite.  Enjoy 🍎

Baked apples with strusel topping

3 large apples washed & cut in half from the stem side down & using a Melon baller cut core out of the Apple
1/3 cup water
Vanilla ice cream for serving

Strusel topping
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 stick softened butter + additional pat for top of each Apple.
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2  tsp pumpkin pie filling (or cinnamon use what you have)

In oven safe baking dish place apples it side up.  In bowl add the strusel topping ingredients & using a fork or your hands mix the topping till it resembles chunky crumbs.  Spoon the topping evenly over the apples and pack so each Apple has lots of filling.  Place a pat of butter over each Apple.   Pour water in baking dish and carefully place in
350 degree oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until life inserted in Apple is easily pierced. Remove from oven and serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream over the top. Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Oh YUMMM! I just bought a bag of gala apples (my fav too!). These sound irresistible - I will be making them soon. Thanks so much for sharing!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - I think maybe you meant pumpkin pie SPICE and not filling? Just checking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I just fixed that. Thanks for telling me and let me know how you like them. They are so good!

      Delete