Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Keto egg roll bowl
















Been absent for a little while.. been really busy with a new grandson Kayden, and the holiday season... holy cow it's been nuts, throw in a sinus infection, cold and a tooth infection and can you say over it all...(except the grandson). 


For 2019 I am making some changes to me... I am trying to go lower carb (right around 125 and no more than 150 a day).  I need to get this weight off, and am trying for a reasonable 5 lbs a month.  So on that note, I have been trying a few keto low carb recipes.  Some turned out great some not so great.  The big hype lately has been this keto egg roll bowl.   Made this and while it wasn't as great as everyone hyped about but not the worst stuff ever either.  I doctored up and added other ingredients to pump up the flavor... I used ground pork, if I make it again I am using ground turkey (it's a little healthier).  I couldn't find fresh ginger , so I used dried(but I am sure it would of made the flavor even better).  My husband was laughing saying that I need to really wrap this filling in egg roll wrappers to make it even better.. oh I said.. you mean and deep fry them.. just what I don't need on this healthier way of eating... anyway, you can add sliced snow peas, or mushrooms (which I will do next time), and thinking of adding a small can of crushed pineapple with the juice instead of the teriyaki sauce.... but any way you make it.. enjoy




Keto egg roll bowl








1 lb of ground pork (or turkey or beef)
1 chopped onion
1 bag of broccoli slaw mix (in the produce section)
1 bag of shredded cabbage the kind with carrots in it)
1/4 cup both soy sauce & teriyaki seasoning
couple tablespoonfuls of beef or chicken broth.
1-2 T brown sugar
1 clove minced garlic
pinch of celery seeds & red pepper flakes
1 T fresh ginger grated)
sliced green onions( for topping)
sesame seeds (for topping)




In large pan add pork, onion, broccoli and cabbage.  Top with the soy sauce and teriyaki seasoning and a pinch of red pepper flakes, fresh garlic and ginger.  Saute over medium heat breaking up meat and sautéing veggies, add broth when mixture is starting to cook.  Cook stirring often until veggies are soft and meat is done..  Add brown sugar and continue cooking until mixture is dried and sauce is absorbed.  Serve with green onions and sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment