Thursday, October 21, 2010

Galoush

My Aunt Mary called me and asked me to make Galoush for the family... I love to cook so I was happy to oblige..  Galoush is a yummy fall dish, with pasta, meat & tomato sauce.  I serve this with buttered bread & steamed mixed veggies on the side to round out the meal. 

Galoush

1 box elbow macaroni
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 quart stewed tomatoes
2 cans tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce
1T. worchester sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
seasonings of your choice (I use garlic & onion powder, celery & seasoned salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley flakes)
1/4 c red wine (optional)
1/2 cup water
hot sauce & shredded cheddar cheese ,optional

In large pot cook macaroni in salted water until done, drain.  In large skillet brown ground beef & onion.  Pour off extra fat in pan. In pan that you cooked the macaroni in place meat mixture & all other ingredients (EXCEPT hot sauce & shredded cheese). Bring to a simmer and simmer for around 15-20 minutes.  Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.  Serve with a little hot sauce, & sprinkle with shredded cheese.  My mom likes kidney beans added to her galoush so if you like them add them....

No comments:

Post a Comment