Friday, January 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossom cookies

Today I just needed a little something homemade, sweet & yummy... While I was looking around my cupboards kinda wondering what to make I ran across an entire unopened bag of Hershey's kisses... Then I remembered that I bought them to make peanut butter blossom cookies for christmas.... Well since the family was sick at Christmas they never got made (along with peanut brittle ingredients, and fudge ingredients as well).  Well since I have started my diet at the beginning of January (like the rest of the world ) I have been trying to not make a bunch of junk and have it lying around the house.  Well I thought I am having company tonight and that would be a nice treat.  And I told myself that I  can eat a couple but that is it.  So when I came across the peanut butter blossom ingredients I was like that is it, you gotta make these.  So that is my junk treat for the week... they were delicious and I did eat 2.  No more for me...... but I do realize you have to allow yourself some treats along the way....LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT not to enjoy it.... I hope you will try these, they are super easy and really delicious and were a big hit :)  enjoy

makes 12 cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
1 tbls. flour


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In bowl place all ingredients (EXCEPT hershey's kisses & flour), mix well.  Scoop onto sprayed baking sheet.  Place flour in a small bowl.  With fork dipped in flour press down on cookies flattening to about 1/4 inch thick.  I do the design one way and then the other so it looks like little squares from the fork tines.  Bake for about 14-15 minutes or until done.  Immediately when they come out of the oven put one Hershey kiss in the center of each cookie pressing down slightly.  Remove immediately to waxed paper and let cool.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Yummm-O, one of my favorites. I didn't get these made before Christmas either.
    Yes, you are right; we can't short ourselves the pleasures that make us happy...

    ReplyDelete