Thursday, March 10, 2011

Strawberry Poke Cake

Yeah I just saw strawberries & asparagus in the store... that means spring is here.. (well almost...still snowing today tho :(
So onto spring like recipes.... my husband has been wanting cake and I have been waiting patiently for strawberry season to make Strawberry Poke cake and strawberry jam.... yum....  This cake is super easy and super yummy...enjoy


Strawberry Poke Cake

1 yellow cake mix
ingredients for the cake mix per the package directions
1 container cool whip, thawed
1 container strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
2 T. sugar
1 big package strawberry jello ( I use sugar free)
1 cup boiling water


Prepare cake mix according to package directions.  Place in a sprayed 13 x 9 pan and bake according to package directions.  When cake is done and just comes out of the oven poke all over the top of the cake with a fork.  Mix jello with boiling water and stir until dissolved.  While the cake is still very hot , pour slowly ( I make the jello in a pyrex glass measuring cup with a pour lip on it) over the top of the entire cake covering all the top.  Place for 2 hours in the fridge or until cool (be careful handling the cake it is still hot & I put a dish towel on the fridge shelf to protect it).  When cake is cool frost cake with cool whip.  Mix sliced strawberries and sugar.  Place strawberries scattered over the top of the cool whip.  Refridgerate about 30 minutes to let the cake set.  Enjoy.  Place any leftovers in the fridge covered.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I know what I'm doing with my strawberries this year....
    Yummm-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You will absolutely love this cake.... YUMMY with a capital YUM..lol

    ReplyDelete