Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Roasted Vegetables



Yeah my first picture on my food blog :)   Now I can show you what I am cooking... oh happy day... anyway I love roasted vegetables. The rich deep caramelization and golden brown color from cooking at a high heat in the oven.  The flavors intensify and makes regular old vegetables into incredible vegetables.  My step son who used to hate vegetables  now LOVES roasted vegetables in the oven :) which makes this momma happy.  Healthy food into the body makes for healthy people...
You can choose any vegetables that your family loves, asparagus, carrots, cabbage, potatoes (both regular and sweet potatoes), green beans, cauliflower, broccoli  anything works...I usually just use a little olive oil, and simple seasonings of kosher salt & pepper but I have used a little red pepper flakes, rosemary etc and it always turns out wonderful.... as always use what you like and have... Enjoy


Roasted Vegetables

Vegetables of your choice, cut into pieces, washed and peeled if necessary
Olive oil
Kosher salt & pepper


Preheat oven to 400.  Place veggies on a sheet tray patting dry with paper towels if they are wet.  Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and toss to coat well with the oil (they should be very lightly coated with oil, not dripping wet) sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake until the veggies are golden brown turning after about 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment