Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Homemade croutons

Yeah I'm back :)  sorry I have been MIA but our family has been in the process of moving....sigh..17 years in one house and downsizing to a much smaller house has been trying nonetheless... and back to college full time has kept me busy, busy, busy..  I will try and go back to posting recipes more often, thanks for sticking with me. :)
Our church gets day old bread from Panera bread company and they share it with the congregation :)  So I am always looking for ways to use it up...think Panzanella (Italian bread salad, bread cubes, with tomatoes, olives, onions, cucumbers drizzled with a homeade Italian vinagrette dressing), or bread pudding, or breakfast casserole... but one of my favorite ways to use leftover bread is to make homemade croutons.  I love them they are so good and tasty.  I could eat an entire pan of them when they come out of the oven... They are so easy to make, and you can flavor them anyway that you want.  Make these today, your family will love them.. Enjoy


Homemade croutons

1 loaf day old bread, cut into bite size cubes
olive oil
seasonings of your choice (I use garlic & onion powder, kosher salt & pepper)



Preheat oven to 350.  Place bread cubes on a big sheet pan.  Drizzle bread with olive oil and toss bread to coat cubes with oil.  Sprinkle the bread cubes with garlic & onion powder, sprinkle with kosher salt & pepper.  Bake for around 15-20 minutes(turning bread halfway thru the baking with a spatula)  or until lightly toasted.  Remove from oven and serve over your favorite salad.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment