Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whatever muffins

If you follow my cooking blog you all know I have been in the process of moving.  And can I tell you... what a pain in the neck it is to move...but in the process of moving I found some old cookbooks and recipes that I completely forgot about... like these muffins.. I have no idea whatsoever where I got this recipe, but it is so amazing. 

**NOTE**They are called whatever muffins cause at the end you stir in 1/2 cup of "whatever" you have on hand...chocolate chips, dried cranberries, smashed bananas, candies, nuts, raisins, apples, carrots, applesauce, blueberries etc..use what you have and what your family likes.

 I used 3 T peanut butter, chocolate chips, and bananas... yum.. they were awesome and turned out so good...  I just mixed the chocolate chips with a tablespoonful of flour to coat them (so they don't sink to the bottom of the muffins).  I also thought I might next time use orange juice instead of the milk and use dried cranberries to make cranberry orange muffins..so many possibilities... make these for your family...

** With the weather just starting to get warm, sometimes I make extra muffins, cookies and store them in the freezer to pull out when it is just too hot to bake in the summer... note to self..get cracking on this task :)  Enjoy

Whatever muffins

1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 T baking powder
1/2 t salt

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 t vanilla

1/2 cup "whatever" see above note

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.  Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt.  In a small bowl mix together the wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil & vanilla).  Add the wet mixture to the dry, adding in the "whatever" mixture with the wet ingredients.  Mix just until combined.  Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for around 17-19 minutes (check at 17 minutes) mine were done at 18 minutes but my oven cooks fast.  They should be light golden brown and rounded.  Remove from oven.  Let cool, and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE muffins - especially ones with lots of options. These sound perfect. So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete