Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sausage queso dip



YUM!! Just yum.. where has sausage queso dip been all my life?? I have had regular old queso dip, and always thought yeah it's ok, but I could take it or leave it, might be my not loving cheese so much, and that's all I tasted was cheese.. (yes my sister Danielle wonders how I could be part of our family & not love cheese, but it's true I do not love cheese)... back to this dip, but add sausage and seasonings and I am all over this dip.. Even Jackson's says.. mom I LOVE it!!! Everyone at the table who was tasting it says, this is a winner, and make this again... I am thinking next time of sautĂ©ing a chopped up onion along with the sausage to add even more flavor, then deglazing the pan with a little white wine.. I love variations on things...


If you like things spicy, (I had children eating this dip) so I used mild rotel tomatoes, you can always use hot & spicy rotel tomatoes, and add a finely chopped jalapeno to the mix.  Also you could use hot and spicy sausage.  Speaking of sausage, I only like Bob Evans (in the white package), but use what you like.


 I had a small gang eating this (this would easily feed 8-10 guests, along with other party items), so you could easily double the recipe and feed a crowd.  This would be great to put into the crockpot on low along with the cooked sausage and melted in there and then kept warm in there, just make sure you stir it often. 


I served this with plain nacho chips, but you can use fritos, or scoops or this would be good with hunks of crusty bread for dipping.. YUM.  Use what you like..


I tried uploading the image of the finished product but cannot get this blogger website to cooperate.  I am going to be checking around and am moving from this blogger website to another site.  Too many problems and no solutions available.  So I will keep all of you informed of my new website hopefully soon.  Thanks for your patience.




As always make this today you will love it.....enjoy....


Sausage queso dip


1/2 lbs of Bob evans sausage (I buy the white package/roll kind)
1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes w/green chilies (I used the mild kind)
1 16 oz package, Velvetta  cheese, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp each onion & garlic powder
1/4 tsp parsley flakes
pinch of celery seeds
Plain nacho chips for scooping




In a large skillet brown the sausage breaking apart and cooking till no longer pink (do NOT drain the sausage), add rest of the ingredients (except nacho chips) turning heat down to low and stirring well.  Place lid on a cover dip, stirring very often until cheese is melted and dip is creamy and smooth.   Turn off the heat, and remove from burner.  Serve with nacho chips for dipping.. Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment