Saturday, May 7, 2016

Sesame ginger maple salmon

Mmmmm.. sesame ginger maple salmon.. just the name of this deliciousness makes me happy.  This glaze I probably could have on any kind of protein and be happy.  It is absolute delicious!!  I am not a huge fish fan.  Usually it tastes too fishy and strong for me.  So I came up with this glaze to make my fish taste better and thinking I hit the jackpot.. My family loves this every time I make it.  It is a winner in the Johnson household.






Sesame ginger maple salmon


Fresh Salmon filet  (I use skin on and I cook this with the skin side down)






glaze: (mix all together)




1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
3 T brown sugar
1/4 tsp sesame seeds
little bit of fresh ginger (or ginger powdered will work fine too)
 sprinkle of garlic powder
2 T maple syrup
1 T sesame seeds




Preheat the broiler:


Line a large baking sheet with foil & place salmon filet skin side down.  Brush glaze over the top of the salmon (reserving a couple of tablespoonful's to drizzle over the top when done), coating the fish  thickly with glaze.  Place under pan the broiler watching to make sure that it doesn't get too done, I usually remove it half way thru to look at it, but make sure it is cooked enough so fish flakes easily with a fork and glaze is bubbly.  Remove from heat and drizzle remaining glaze over the top and serve.  I remove the skin when I am serving it.  It usually separates when you are lifting the salmon onto your plate, if not it really comes off easily.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment