Sunday, November 5, 2017

My moms sausage biscuits and gravy



My mom taught me how to make this recipe... and it is so good... Thanks mom :)


The best ever.  I as usual put a little of my own spin on it.  I add a little onion & garlic powder, and a little seasoned salt & pepper.  Just for a little extra flavor.


I only use Bob Evans sausage in the white package as well.  I have tried so many other brands and nothing compares. 


I also add 3-4 cups of milk, and no I don't measure it, I usually add about 2 inches above the sausage layer in the pan.


Another very important step is to cook that raw flour taste as well, I cook the flour into the biscuits and gravy, till it starts turning a little browned.


 Super important and makes the end result yummy.  I use canned jumbo style biscuits, but homemade works, or drop type biscuits work too.


Make this for your family soon.. and as always Enjoy...




My mom's Sausage biscuits and gravy


1 lb roll of Bob Evans sausage in the white package
2/3 cup all purpose flour
3-4 cups milk
cooked biscuits split with butter added
seasonings of your choice ( I use garlic & onion powder, seasoned salt and pepper)




Brown sausage in a large pan, breaking into very small pieces with the back of a spoon.  Cook until browned and no longer pink.  Sprinkle flour and seasonings over the sausage stirring the meat will to get the flour and seasonings coating the meat.  Cook stirring constantly for around 3-4 minutes or until the raw flour mixture is out.  Add the milk and continue to cook stirring often until the mixture is thick and bubbling.  Serve over buttered biscuits.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. M-M-Mouth-melting! Sounds so good. My hubby always adds lots of pepper and some hot sauce to his sausage gravy. OOOOO - sooo good with those big fat biscuits too. Glad you shared. =)

    ReplyDelete