Sunday, November 5, 2017

Stuffed pepper soup


I love this stuffed pepper soup... with all it's different flavors, textures and tastes it is a true winner. 

 I use ground turkey with mine, but ground beef,  pork, sausage or chicken will work just as easily.  

 I used only green peppers but any color peppers will work out just fine too.  You can make this more soupier and add more beef broth, or mote tomato sauce.  It's up to you.  I also cook the rice separate and put the rice in the bowl and ladle the soup on top of it.  You can mix it together but I think the rice gets a tad mushy. I served mine with cornbread on the side.  

However you make it , make it today.  Enjoy



Stuffed Pepper Soup
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
1 large green pepper, small diced
1 onion, small diced
1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
1 can tomato soup
1 box of beef broth
1 T. sugar
Cooked rice
seasonings of your choice.. I used seasoned salt, pepper, parsley flakes, celery seed, pinch of paprika, thyme and garlic and onion powder. 

Brown the meat, green pepper, onion together until the meat is no longer pink, and the vegetables are soft.  Add remaining ingredients (except the rice) and bring to a boil, turning down the heat simmering for 10-15 minutes.  Serve a big scoop of rice in a bowl, ladle the soup mixture over the top.  Serve with cornbread.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment