Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving

I so love Thanksgiving... There are so many wonderful things to be thankful for and the delicious dinner and dessert...can you say yum :)  One of the delicious desserts I always make is Pecan pie.... It couldn't be easier to make and is absolutely yummy.  My husband has never had homemade pecan pie except for trying one of the ones that I just made. I had to go and buy extra pecans to replace the one that he dug into.  He was saying how yummy it was, and that it sure beats store bought ones.  I told him honey "everything" homemade tastes better... Nothing says lovin to your family & friends like a little bit of "homemade" something...

So from my family to yours Happy Thanksgiving!!!!  I love all of my friends & family.  Life wouldn't be the same without all of you.  Have a happy day and take a little time to enjoy....

Pecan Pie
6 oz Pecan halves (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup Karo Syrup ( I use 1/2 light & 1/2 cup dark but you can use whatever you have on hand)
2 Tbls butter, melted
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 pie crust
Whipped cream or Ice Cream optional



Preheat oven to 350.  In bowl with whisk,  mix 3 eggs until beaten.  Add Karo syrup, butter, sugar, vanilla & pinch of salt.  Wisk well to combine.  Mix in pecans with large spoon.  Pour mixture into pie crust.  Place pie pan on a oven proof baking sheet (to protect oven from spills from pie) and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top of pie lightly springs back when touched (be careful pie and filling is very hot).  Let cool completely.  Serve with whipped cream, or ice cream (optional).  Refridgerate leftovers.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment