Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

I was looking for a one dish meal.  Something that I could throw together and then into the oven no fuss no muss.  This is just what I was looking for.  Yummy is all I can say and tasty too :) and only one pan to clean up. You can subsitute any vegetables that you want, this is what I had on hand, but adding some brussel sprouts, or fresh green beans, or eggplant...use what you like... also the chicken that I used were chicken leg quarters, but you can use any other chicken that you like but remember if your using boneless skinless chicken breast they will cook in much less time.  So you would probably want to roast the vegetables for about an hour then add your chicken and cook it till done. 
I served this with roasted acorn squash & bread & butter.  Enjoy


Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

4-5 chicken leg quarters
5-6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 onion, peeled cut in half and sliced
olive oil
seasoning of your choice ( I used garlic & herb no salt, seasoned salt, pepper & Montreal steak seasoning)

Preheat oven to 375.  In large roasting pan place vegetables.  Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings.  Mix well coating all of the vegetables with oil & seasoning.  Arrange chicken over top of vegetables and season chicken well with more seasoning.  Cover pan tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour.  Remove foil from pan, stir vegetables and cook for about 45 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I seen you post this on facebook and I couldn't wait to get all the info....Sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete