Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sausage Minestroni Soup

I have so been wanting something... been queasy and nauseous because of IV Iron therapy... so decided on a big old pot of soup... I had some sausage & veggies that needed to be used cause believe it or not...cooking has been the last thing that I have wanted to do or have done in my house.  The smell and sight of food has NOT been a good thing.. which for me is sad and shocking.. :(  cause I love to cook & I love food and the smell of yummy things in the house simmering away... which takes me to this soup.  you can use whatever veggies you like and whatever pasta you have on hand.  It all works...I serve this with crusty bread to sop up the juices.... Enjoy

Sausage Minestroni Soup


1/2 lb. sausage (I used Bob Evans)
8 cups beef or chicken stock (or water and stock base or bouillon cubes to make stock)
1/2 pkg. (about 1 1/2 cups) frozen mixed veggies
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine
1-2 T. worchester sauce
1/2 box pasta (use what you have on hand)
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 T brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
Parmesan cheese, shredded to serve over the top)
Olive oil

seasonings of your choice ( I used pinch of red pepper flakes, parsley flakes, seasoned salt & pepper, celery seed, onion & garlic powder) Mrs. Dash, paprika

In large stock pot place a little olive oil, add carrot, celery & onion. season with salt & pepper  Cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes or until veggies are half way cooked.  Add sausage and cook breaking up sausage until it is browned and no longer pink.  Add garlic and saute for around 1 minute until fragrant.  Add wine and deglaze pan scraping up and browned bits.  Add rest of ingredients (EXCEPT parmesan cheese & pasta).  Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer until veggies are tender.  Add pasta to boiling soup and cook for 7-9 minutes until done.  Taste soup and adjust seasonings if necessary.  Serve with parmesan cheese & a little olive oil drizzled on top.  Serve with crusty bread....enjoy

2 comments:

  1. hey i like your blog I just started writing my food blog and really need some readers so would be most grateful if you followed my blog http://iheartfood4ever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped right over here when I seen the word Minestroni....One of my faves!! This one sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete