Thursday, January 5, 2012

Creamy Grits with Cheese

I love these grits... the first time I ever had grits they were plain ole no flavor things that were quite frankly awful... I thought to myself well chalk that one off...NOT having these old yukky things again... but then I thought I keep hearing about them and all the things that flavor them and being a "seasoning spice queen" :) LOL I  thought to myself...self make these and kick the flavor up sky high...so that I did...  you can use whatever seasoning that you like...I use quick cooking grits which cook up in 5 minutes.   I usually serve these for breakfast, but they can be a snack or a side dish as well.... I also usually use co-jack & freshly grated parmesan cheese but again use what you like... Enjoy

These serve 4 people


4 cups water
1 cup quick cooking grits
1/4 cup butter(plus more for the top)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for the top)
1/4 cup grated co-jack cheese

seasonings of your choice( I use onion & garlic powder, seasoned & regular salt, & pepper)


Bring water up to a boil in a saucepan.  Add seasonings and grits.  Cook according to package directions stirring often.  When done add butter and both kinds of grated cheese stir until cheese is melted.  Taste grits add more seasonings if needed.  Serve in bowl with a big pat of butter, a sprinkle of seasoned salt & freshly cracked pepper and grated parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment