Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sausage Biscuits and Gravy

This Sausage biscuits and Gravy recipe is the best on the planet...No seriously it is so incredibly good...The absolute bomb as my teenager would say...LOL well maybe not him....maybe it would be me saying that... It has incredible flavor and is easy...This is my families absolute favorite breakfast.. they love it... I usually use those jumbo "canned" biscuits but sometimes I make homemade biscuits which is even better...but unfortunately I don't always have the time to do that..use what you like canned, homemade, drop biscuits it all works.... there are a couple of tricks to this flavorful recipe... a couple of tablespoonfuls of white wine... I know it sounds a little weird but it adds so much flavor( I buy those small individual bottles of wine with the screw on lid I know.. I don't drink wine but I like to always have some on hand to add flavor to lots of things so a small single serve bottle works perfect for a little here and a little there....also Worcester sauce... yummy...and the seasonings very important to add them... you don't just want to taste milk, flour and a little sausage... you gotta flavor things..people  LOL :)  also at the end I put a little butter into the finished sauce to add a little richness....It's not everyday you eat this kinda stuff but  2-3 times a year...go for it... and I always use Bob Evans original sausage.  I also use about 3 cups of milk cause I want this to be thick but not super gloppy glue like thick.... just thickened.   Enjoy

Sausage Biscuits & Gravy

1 can Jumbo biscuits cooked according to package directions
1 roll Bob Evans original flavor sausage
3 cups milk
1/2 heaping cup flour
2 T. white wine
1 T. Worchester sauce
butter (1 pat added to finished sauce, and more for buttering the inside of the biscuits)

seasonings of your choice ( garlic & onion powder, seasoned salt & pepper) a pinch of salt & pepper at the end of cooking-taste before seasoning to see if it needs it)

In large pan with deep sides add sausage.  Cook over medium high heat breaking all of the sausage up into little pieces as it cooks with a spoon.  Cook until sausage is no longer pink and done.  Sprinkle cooked hot sausage with the flour stirring to coat all of the sausage pieces with flour.  Off of heat add the wine and stir to deglaze the pan.  Add milk, worchester sauce, and seasonings stirring to incorporate.  Cook stirring often until sauce is thickened and bubbly.  Taste sauce and add pinch of salt & pepper if needed.  Add pat of butter and stir until melted.  Serve immediately over buttered biscuits.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment