Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy blueberry peach cake

I have seen recipes with boxed angel food cake mix that look amazing.  I have made it with a 20oz (big can, not the 8oz can size) of crushed pineapple, and the dry cake mixed in and it is so delicious.  Now my little 3 year old son Jackson was watching the cooking channel with me and saw someone make peach cake.  He said what they making? (his vocuabulary is not all the way developed, so his sentence structure is a little lacking..LOL) I told him, the person was making peach cake.  He said, mommy make me peach cake..how can you say no to that.  Well we are in the middle of moving, so all my cookbooks are packed up in boxes, so I looked online, and didn't see one that I really wanted to try.  The online recipes called for a pound of butter, or a cup of oil, and I wanted something a little lighter.  Then while I was looking in my cupboards I saw the box of angel food cake mix.  I looked in my pantry and saw blueberry pie filling, then remembered a recipe that I ran across somewhere, and I saw a can of peaches and voila...blueberry peach cake... you can use any kind of pie filling that you like or have on hand, and skip the peaches, or you can add canned crushed pineapple and skip the pie filling completely.  It is so easy and yummy... you can serve this with whipped cream or ice cream or just plain....Enjoy


Easy blueberry peach cake

1 box angel food cake mix
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 can sliced peaches, in juice drained and sliced

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick spray.
In big bowl mix together the pie filling and peaches.  Mix in the dry cake mix and mix well with big spoon.  Pour mixture into pan and spread into an even layer.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and inside is done testing with a toothpick. Remove from oven.  Serve.. **NOTE  The cake will shrink a little when removed from oven.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment