Monday, June 24, 2013

Baked Pita Chips

I went to buy some pita chips to go with hummus... nice and light for the summer... They were $3.99 a bag...Highway robbery I tell ya...I thought my gosh you can buy a package of pitas for about a $1.50 and I can make more than what would be in that bag... I lucked out and got a bag for .89 cents..which is even more of a bonus:)  I saved myself $3.10.. which is awesome in my book...

You can customize these anyway you like.  I don't put the spices in my oil but I sprinkle each chip lightly with the spices cause I like very seasoned stuff... you can use these with hummus, spinach dip, or just eat them.  They are so good... try them for your family today... you will love them...

Baked Pita chips

6 pitas
olive oil
seasonings of your choice ( I use, garlic & onion powder, cumin, chili powder & seasoned salt)

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  I cut the pitas like this, in half then each half into quarters, then each quarter in half making wedges.  Lay them in a single layer on the baking sheet.  Brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasonings.  Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, checking after 10, until they are light golden brown and crispy.  Remove from oven, and repeat until all the pitas are used.  Let cool and enjoy with your favorite dip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment