Saturday, April 9, 2011

Carrot Raisin Salad

I love spring... it makes me think of lighter fair to eat ... salads yummmm... and I am trying to lose some weight and those darn coconut bars keep calling my name... LOL 

For the canned fruit in this salad you can use mandarin oranges like I did or canned pineapple chunks... just drain both very well because if you don't it makes the salad watered down.  Also for the raisins, you can use regular, golden or any other kind of dried fruit (like cherries, blueberries etc.) for the raisins or you can just leave them out if you don't like them.  I think they add the perfect thing to this salad. I make this right before I serve it (letting sit only about 1/2 hour till serving time ) because I find if it sits for along time the salad tends to get mushy). Enjoy


Carrot Raisin Salad

1/2 bag shredded carrots (you can find these next to the baby carrots, or you can shred your own about 2 cups worth)
1/2 cup mayo
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained well
pinch of salt & pepper
3 T. sugar


In bowl place all ingredients except mandarin oranges and mix well.  Carefully fold in oranges being careful not to completely break them.  Refridgerate & let sit for around 1/2 hour for flavors to blend.  Stir salad well then serve.

2 comments:

  1. MMM! I have everything for this - I do believe I'll make this one day this week. Thanks a million for sharing. I LOVE quick and easy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome ...me too... I love quick easy and yummy... we liked this so well we ate the entire bowlful in one day....

    ReplyDelete