Saturday, April 30, 2011

Egg salad

I swear I have so many hard boiled eggs left from Easter that I think they are coming out of my ears.. LOL just kidding on the ear joke but seriously... does anyone need 8 dozen eggs???? I have made macaroni salad, deviled eggs and now onto egg salad.... this is a basic recipe but has a little "zip" to it... I add a little green olive juice & dill pickle juice to it to "zip" it up.  I do this with deviled eggs as well.  I got this from a lady that I know named Carol who made the best deviled eggs ever... You can mix in chopped olives or pickles, sometimes I add also a little hot pepper juice too... I think that egg salad is sometimes a little boring and needs just a little something....use what you like.... I also like mine with Miracle Whip (salad dressing) instead of mayo...just my own personal preference... again use what you like.....Enjoy

12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and mashed (I use a potato masher and a fork)
3/4 cup mayo
2 tsp. mustard
2 T. dill pickle juice
1 T. green olive juice
pinch of salt & pepper
Bread or crackers of your choice


Mix all ingredients together.  serve on bread or with crackers

2 comments:

  1. I have broke free from Miracle Whip years ago....and haven't touched it since. Isn't it amazing what a little olive juice can do to egg salad, deviled eggs, mac salad, potato salad, etc...? I made deviled eggs for my weekend meal, and this time I added feta cheese along with the olive juice. And then I did this, I waited till everyone was done eating, "Does everybody like feta cheese?" Then I waited for all the "no's". Ha, "you just ate it." I love tricking people with food....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you make your own mayo??? I am wanting to make ham & blue cheese deviled eggs today... cannot wait...

    ReplyDelete