Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Coconut Macaroon Bars

I love anything coconut.  Created these bars after wanting coconut macaroon cookies and being sick and not wanting to mess around scooping out cookies and baking batches etc.  I had to make up the recipe and hoped it would turn out.  It turned out incredible and incredibly easy.  5 ingredients and 30 minutes in the oven.  It literally takes around 3 minutes to whip them up... can you say DEFINATELY keeping these in the old cookie rotation.  Enjoy



Coconut Macaroon Bars

1 pkg shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp almond extract (can use vanilla extract instead)
2 egg whites
pinch of kosher salt


Preheat oven to 325.  In large bowl mix together coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and almond extract.  In other bowl place egg whites and salt.  Mix with electric mixer about 1 minute until stiff peaks form.  Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.  Spread in greased glass dish, can use rectangle or pyrex round making sure that you spread in a thin layer.  Bake for around 30 minutes (check after 25 minutes) baking until sides & top are golden brown.  Serve warm or cold, cut into squares.  Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. You are a genius....I have to start with a base recipe. I have never created anything on my own. Well, except spaghetti sauce. I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..you are so sweet and make me laugh so much... :) I am so greatful to have a good friend :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size is the pkg. of coconut? These sound amazingly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no... I threw the package out... I say it is a normal size... LOL but what is normal... LOL I will check it out at the grocery store and let you know.... thanks

    ReplyDelete