Friday, April 15, 2011

Pork Roast with Vegetables

I am so starting to love this Pressure Cooker that I got for Christmas. I had an entire roast dinner done in 45 minutes... who doesn't love that... I put everything in there, set the timer, went and took a nap with Jackson and awoke and hour and a half later and dinner was done, warming on the warm cycle and waiting for me :)  now who doesn't love that... it took me about 2 minutes to spoon some of the drippngs off and make gravy thickening the mixture with a little cornstarch and water.  I added a little salt & pepper to the drippings as well.  You can also put this in the oven covered on 300 degrees for 2-3 hours and get the same effect... Delicious and easy.  Put whatever vegetables you like.... enjoy


Pork Roast & Vegetables
1 Boneless Pork Roast (about 3 lbs)
4 Large potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into wedges
1 package baby carrots
1 onion, sliced
3 ribs celery, washed and ends removed
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup wine
seasonings of your choice ( I used no salt garlic & herb, pepper and a little seasoned salt)

If making gravy:
 1/2 cup of drippings
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. Water

In Pressure cooker or pan, place the 3 ribs of celery  in a row (to make a bed for the vegetables), place on the outsides of pan the carrots and potatoes cut side up making a hole in the center of the vegetables for the roast. Season all of the meat and vegetables with the seasonings making sure that you season under the roast and both sides of the roast.  Mix together the stock & wine and pour along the outside and all over the roast.  Pressure cook on 15 psi for 45-50 minutes until done.  Or cook alternatively in the oven at 300 for 2-3 hours.  Spoon drippings in a pan and heat to rolling boil (taste and adjust seasonings) , mix cornstarch and water together and pour into boiling mixture.  Cook until mixture thickens and comes back to a boil.  Serve over meat and vegetables.  Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Pork roast is one of my all-time favorites. I usually eat way too much of it. I may have to look into getting one of those pressure cookers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try QVC.. I will email you on FB the one that I have... I am not kidding it is awesome... dinner super quick... I am making beef tips today should be ready in about 25 minutes..when it is cooking I will have to make the noodles seperate and add the sour cream at the end but tender yummy beef stroganoff in 25 minutes... usually that is a several hour process...

    ReplyDelete