Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chocolate Toffee Cake

I so love chocolate & toffee... love love love them :)  I make this snack cake often but usually don't put the toffee... then I was thinking I wanna jazz this up and in the cupboard I looked and toffee Heath bars... bingo.. that was it...( I buy the ones with chocolate and toffee they do sell just the toffee bits but again I LOVE CHOCOLATE)...

I make lots of versions of this cake...

Chocolate peanutbutter snack cake
I leave out the toffee & chocolate chips (and cinnamon) and add 1/2 cup melted peanut butter (I melt it for 30 seconds in the microwave) and then I sprinkle on peanut butter chips on the top...

I have put white & chocolate chips on the top (I leave out the toffee chips)

I have left out the toffee and added nuts and coconut to the batter and sprinkled the top with chocolate chips, nuts and coconut... (watch the coconut it can burn easily) I usually cover it with foil the last 10 minutes of baking when I add coconut to the cake.

Sometimes I really go crazy and add more toffee Heath bars and chocolate chips to the batter and on top... I have added cut up candy bars to this cake anything goes...use what you like... enjoy

Chocolate Toffee Cake

1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 t white vinegar
2 dashes cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (more if you want to add them to the batter)
1/2 cup Heath bars(more if you want to add them to the batter)


Preheat oven eo 350.  In 8x8 square pan, mix with fork (or whisk) flour, both sugars, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Stir in remaning ingredients (except choc chips & heath bars IF NOT ADDING MORE & USING IN BATTER).  Stir well getting into corners .  Sprinkle top of the batter with toffee Heath bars & chocolate chips.  Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite words, chocolate and toffee.
    Sounds gooooood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so making this!! And the Heath bars are going to be in there....

    ReplyDelete