Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chinese Reindeer Antler Cookies

I am so so so excited to start my holiday baking and goodie making :)  (no you can't tell I am a foodie can you)... my son was saying mom we haven't even had our Christmas pasta yet (which is coming in the next few days that stuff is the bomb:)  LOL... so tomorrow is the day..cannot wait to start

This recipe came from my son's first grade class they made these for the parents and he is now 19) so needless to say it has passed the staying around test.  These are quick, easy and oh so yummy. I have also made a variation where I added about a 1/4 cup peanut butter to the chip mixture, stirring until melted as well, also delicious :) Enjoy

Chinese Reindeer Antler Cookies

1/2 pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 pkg. butterscotch chips
1 cup salted peanuts
1 large can Chow Mein noodles
Wax paper

In a heavy saucepan place chocolate & butterscotch chips.  Melt slowly over low heat stirring very often and being careful not to burn.  When the mixture is smooth, add peanuts and chow mein noodles stirring quickly to coat all.  Place wax paper on your kitchen counter & using 2 spoon, spoon small amounts(like the size of a small cookie) into mounds on wax paper making sure that they are not touching.  Let cool completely and store in a covered container.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment