Monday, December 26, 2011

Crockpot Cream Corn

I got this recipe courtesy of my friend Marsha of The Better Baker.. Check out Marsha's blog here... she always has lots of yummy things on her blog and I had the super chance to meet her and Angie of A lil country sugar this summer check her blog out here... It was so much fun and I cannot wait to get to do that again.... Love them both :)  they both are home style cooks..nothing fancy but downright delicious :)

Now onto this corn.  Marsha posted this recipe and said it was her husbands favorite Thanksgiving dish.  I knew I was having a houseful on Christmas and was looking for something different with veggies involved.  I thought if that was his favorite dish and she said it was awesome I am gonna try it.  I meant to try it before the big day but didn't...something I usually don't do...but knowing Marsha I new this was awesome.  I added my own twist on things like usual :)  starting with using evaporated milk (I looked in the fridge on Christmas and almost panicked.... I didn't have enough milk to make this... I was like on all days when every store was closed to run out of milk sigh.....so time to be creative....so evaporated milk it is.. then I added some seasonings since I can't leave well enough alone...LOL  and awesome this was... It was the star of the show my husband said it is so good it makes you wanna hug yourself...LOL  he so makes me laugh:)  love ya honey... anyway try this you won't be disappointed.... you can also half this recipe, I served 20 with this, but for a smaller crowd 1/2 this recipe and adjust the cooking time... Enjoy and thanks Marsha :) for sharing...

Crockpot Cream Corn

4 16 oz. bags frozen corn, thawed overnight in the fridge
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 pkgs. cream cheese cut into cubes, (I use 1/3 less fat kind)
6 T sugar
*seasonings of your choice ( I used garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper, and a little bit of seasoned salt)


Spray the inside of your crockpot.  Place thawed corn in the bottom.  Sprinkle with a little of the seasonings.  Put cream cheese cubes in the middle of the corn (so it won't burn on the outside of the crockpot) just push them down, mix the remaining ingredients adding a little more seasonings and pour over corn/cream cheese) stir a little. Turn crockpot onto high and let cook for around  an hour and a half.  Stir lightly, then continue cooking for around 2-3 more hours, stirring every hour.  Watch when the mixture starts to bubble, then turn crockpot down to low for around 1/2 hour longer stir and taste.  Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve...YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment