Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joelle's cheeseball

This is my famous cheeseball that I always get raves about and I always get people wanting the recipe. This is perfect for the holiday entertaining season or anytime.  It is simple, quick and inexpensive and tastes yummy.  I have even had people tell me that they serve it and if there is any left they re-roll it in nuts and cover it place it in the fridge and eat it the next day.  Leftovers of this are really great so much so,that I always usually double the recipe and take one to a get together and keep one at home... we love this:)
Use what you like, you can put whatever kind of nuts you like in it, and for a variation I sometimes  roll the cheeseball in nuts when it is done, sometimes I don't it is up to you... you can also add a few dashes of hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper to give this a little more of a kick...
You can serve this with various crackers or crispy breadsticks.....Enjoy

Joelle's cheeseball

2 pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat kind)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green pimento stuffed olives ( I used the sliced kind for salads, saves you from chopping them)
2 T. green olive brine
1 t. worhcester sauce
1 pkg. Carl Buddig thinly sliced beef (in the lunchmeat section), chopped small
seasonings of your choice ( I use garlic & onion powder)
Crackers/Breadsticks for serving

In bowl place all of the ingredients (except the crackers/ breadsticks).  Mix well.  Once I start mixing the cheeseball and get it about half mixed, I add a little more worchester sauce, and a little more garlic & onion powder, then I continue mixing until all is combined well.  Shape into a ball and place on serving place.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge.  Chill for 2-3 hours for flavors to blend.  Serve with Crackers/breadsticks.  Refridgerate any leftovers.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment