Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oreo Truffle balls

I found this recipe at http://www.justapinch.com/..... you should check it out... you can post your own recipes and find all sorts of recipes on there.... that is where I won my Blue Ribbon for my Hawaiian Pie.... :)  anyway....I did have to put my own spin on the recipe tho.... on the original recipe they dipped this in white chocolate... I  dipped this in a mixture of semi sweet & milk chocolate and then drizzled this with white chocolate and Christmas sprinkles & sugars.... or you can leave the sprinkles & sugars out and just have these plain...which are delicious as well...you can also use chopped nuts or shaved chocolate on top too... I also added a little vanilla to boost the flavor of these up.... these are so yummy..... enjoy

Recipe courtesy of Just a Pinch

1 package of oreo cookies
1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened ( I used the 1/3 less fat kind)
1 t vanilla
1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1/2 pkg white "vanilla" chocolate chips
Sprinkles/sugars for topping (optional)

In large food processor add oreo cookies.  Whirl until broken up to fine crumbs.  I stopped and pushed the mixture back down into the food processor to make sure all were broken up to crumbs.  Add vanilla and cream cheese and whirl until mixture comes together in a ball.  Again, I took a spatula and pushed down the crumbs halfway thru mixing.  On wax paper lined tray roll into small balls (I used a small scoop to make even balls).  Roll until all mixture is done.  Place in fridge for around 30-60 minutes until firm.  Melt the semi sweet & milk chocolate chips over a double boiler and dip each ball into the mixture letting the excess chocolate drip off.  Place back on tray place in fridge and let harden around 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is set.  Melt the white chips in a cup in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds until mixture is smooth.  With the tines of a fork drizzle white chocolate over the balls then sprinkle with sugars/sprinkles if using.  Place back in fridge and let harden completely.  Serve and enjoy.  Refridgerate any leftovers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment